Monday 12 October 2009

The Tipping Point



We have been asked to mind map Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping point. Firstly I did a general mind map which included information from the whole book before choosing one chapter to explore in more depth, The Law of the Few.

Creating a mind map helped me to retain the information I learnt while reading the book, putting key points down it in a format which is easy to understand has not only helped me now, but will help me in the future if I come back to the book. Using different colours for each chapter "branch" helps to differentiate and reinforce ideas and makes the mind map much easier to read.

Collating my notes in this way has helped me understand the points of the book so much easier, being able to break them down and lay them out in an organised way has really helped me with my understanding of the book's key issues and points.

(I will upload better quality scans of my mind maps tomorrow, unfortunately I'm not very well today and don't have a scanner at home! So photos will have to do until tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment