Monday 23 November 2009

Clients from Hell


When I read through this it makes me happy knowing I'm safely tucked away in the security of education away from the crazy world of dealing with clients. Clients from Hell is "A collection of anonymously contributed client horror stories from designers."

The stories range from the ridiculous:

"Client about his brochure cover: The background is dusk, right? Can you change it to dawn? Dusk is like.. the time demons come out or something…"

To the really ridiculous:

"Could we try a darker black?

It makes for quite hilarious reading, I'm sure professional graphic designers everywhere can relate, but for now thankfully it's one thing I don't need to worry about.

2 comments:

  1. I've had clients from hell, but I have to say the "darker black" comment isn't that odd. As any printer will tell you, there are different blacks and it depends on the ink, the paper, even the temperature at the time!
    I always used to use a custom mix "rich black" of 100% cyan, magenta, yellow and black. The reason being that there will be ink on every plate, so it's a darker black than just printing 100% black.

    There, you've learnt something new ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst clients I've dealt with are the one that expect you to send them some rough ideas before they pay you to make sure they like it.

    ReplyDelete