Monday 28 September 2009

Oaty Cookies



I love baking and although the sinfully chocolaty brownies I made yesterday are delicious, they are not very healthy, so I decided to make some more virtuous ones to pack in my lunch box. Here is my recipe:


around 85g Oats
couple of handfuls of raisins
200g butter
some sunflower seeds
1 table spoon of golden syrup
1 tea spoon bicarbonate of soda
100g plain flour
about 70g light brown sugar

Heat the oven to 160c fan. Put the oats, flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter on the hob and stir in the golden syrup. Add the bicarb soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the golden syrup and butter mixture.

Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and golden syrup mixture. Stir to mix with the dry ingredients.

Spoon the mixture on to a baking tray, leaving room for them to spread out in the oven and bake for about 10 mins in the oven.

And enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment